Creekside continues to take “assignment” from participating insurance carriers – that means that we will file your claim for your treatment, and collect benefits on your behalf. Claims are sent electronically so we often have immediate feedback regarding coverage and balances owed. Any outstanding co-pay, deductible, overages, non-applicable treatments or difference in cost is due at the time of treatment. We accept cash, Interac, cheque, Visa, and Mastercard. Account balances of greater than 60 days will be charged interest at a rate of 2% per month or 24% per annum. Outstanding accounts will be sent to a collections agency if unpaid after 120 days. Payment plans may be arranged on an individual basis with our office manager to ensure that you can receive the procedures you desire without undo stress of strain to your pocketbook! Also note that receipts for dental procedures are eligible for write off as a medical expense in your annual tax return!
Creekside Dental strives to provide the highest quality of dentistry, and stands by its work. Several factors are important to ensure the success of a dental procedure, including the choice of treatment and materials we use, and homecare you perform when you return home. The oral cavity is a dynamic environment, and while we do our best to anticipate all possible problems to ensure the best treatment available, some factors are beyond our control. As every procedure is customized for the condition present, our warranty is individual as well, but here are some of the general points:
We provide a 2-year warranty on all procedures providing the following conditions are met:
- The patient must keep all regular cleaning and check up appointment and receive x-rays as recommended in order to catch any problems or defects early. Missed recalls nullifies the warranty.
- Patients must complete the entire recommended treatment for the tooth. For example, if a crown is recommended for a tooth but this treatment is not completed, fractures of that tooth would not be covered.
- Treatment must be replaced at Creekside Dental, with the same dentist. Costs incurred outside of our office are the patient’s responsibility and will not be reimbursed by Creekside Dental.
- Cash refunds will not be provided for any treatment rendered. Also, no cost or credit will be provided for inconvenience, time, lost wages, or pain and suffering.
- The original cost of treatment paid will be credited towards new treatment. However, if more extensive or additional treatments are required (for example, root canal treatment and/or crown on a filled tooth), the difference in the new cost will be the responsibility of the patient.
- The warranty does not include damage incurred by accident, recklessness, wilful damage, neglect or as a result of not following instructions specific to your treatment.
- Warranty does not extend to damage caused by lack of treatment of adjacent teeth (example – decay from unfilled adjacent tooth spreads to treated tooth, or leaving gum condition untreated).
We understand that sometimes the unexpected happens! We ask that you contact us as soon as possible when you need to cancel so that we may accommodate other waiting patients. Appointments cancelled without 24 hour notice may incur a fee. These fees are not covered by insurance companies, and must be paid prior to rebooking.